Wednesday 13 November 2019

Snacks at Work are the Way to Go


When it comes to feeling ready to tackle all your tasks at work, there’s not much better than working on a satisfied stomach. When I say this, I don’t mean to imply that overeating is good for productivity. The more you eat, the more you’re going to feel sluggish and ready for a nap. However, not having enough food in your system can also slow you down because of hunger pangs. Trust me, there’s nothing more distracting than your stomach growling at you because it’s ready for a meal.


But when it comes to snacks for work, there’s a lot out there to choose from. So, what’s best to choose from? While most people choose to bring their own lunch or grab something around noon to eat, that doesn’t necessarily tackle the other hours in the day when you’re hungry. Afternoon snacks and midmorning munchies are also important.

Because of this, I like to have apples sitting on my desk to snack on in the late afternoon when there are still a few hours left to go before clocking out (and this happens to coincide when I’m beginning to nod off, trust me).

Because of this, I’m likely to grab a handful of apples when I’m at my local grocery store. Seeing as they’re absolutely perfect for munching, getting me the sugars I need, and remaining quite healthy in the face of other snacks (looking at you, candy), I’ve come to find apples as the quintessential midday snack. Refreshing. Light. And a crunch that’ll wake you up.


Even still, grapes can give apples a run for their money. I’m often seen bringing in a few small cardboard boxes filled with red and green grapes. My coworkers think it’s funny, but it’s honestly so easy to pop in a few grapes as breakfast, a mid-morning snack, a side for lunch, or a 2:30 treat to keep me awake and chugging along. Once again, this fruit has great sugars that are perfect for the work day while also being “entertaining” enough since they’re fun to bite your teeth into.

If anything, I encourage more and more people to bring fruits into their work office. Sharing can increase productivity among the office and camaraderie among coworkers. Grab a few leftover cardboard boxes from home, head to your local grocery, pick out some fresh fruit, and bring it in for your office. Everyone will be grateful while also enjoying a spike in productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment